SELANGOR/KL HEALTHCARE PUBLIC FORUM
Why pay more and get less for 1Care?
The Federal government is introducing a new national healthcare system called 1Care, which
will force you to give up to 10% of your monthly household income as your contribution
under/via a national health insurance scheme.
What’s worse, after paying so much…….
• You cannot pick choose your own doctor. The government will assign one doctor for you. You still have to pay more when you see the doctor
• Your assigned doctor is budgeted to see you only 6 times a year
• You get only the cheapest not-original medicine
• You will not be covered for all illnesses especially expensive care under the insurance
• If you don’t like your assigned doctor and/or the medicine given, you’ll have to pay
more from your own pocket to see another doctor and/or get better medicine.
Healthcare costs will shoot up! From RM 33.7 billion in 2009 to a proposed RM44.24 billion
a year with 1Care. It will cost so much but will it be a benefit or a burden?
Find out more about 1Care at this public forum, officiated by Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, Menteri
- 1-Care for 1Malaysia – why and what is it? (Ministry of Health Malaysia)
- Healthcare-what the rakyat want?: YB Dr. Xavier Jayakumar, State Exco Member for Health, Selangor
- The Doctors’ Perspective: Dr. Ng Swee Choon, FPMPAM
- The Patients and the Consumers’ Perspective: Dr. T Jayabalan, Patient Health and Safety Advisory Organization, Penang/Citizens Healthcare Coalition
- Moderator: Mr. Philip Koh Tong Ngee, FCIS, Senior Partner, Mah-Kamariyah & Philp Koh, Advocates & Solicitors
Organised by: Pakatan Kesihatan Rakyat (Citizens’ Healthcare Coalition)
With invitation to:
• Ministry of Health Malaysia
• Selangor State Government
• Federation of Private Medical Practitioners Associations of Malaysia (FPMPAM)
• Private Medical Practitioners’ Association Selangor/KL(PMPASKL)
Admission is Free.
Date: Sunday, 12 February 2012
Venue: SUNFLOWER ROOM, GLOBAL BUSINESS & CONVENTION CENTRE
No.8 Jalan 19/1; Section 19. Petaling Jaya 46300
For more information, contact
Dr. T Jayabalan
Tel: 6012 4027 445